1.29.2013

My 28th

I had one of my best birthdays in years.

I must admit I was a bit skeptical during the days leading to January 26th because--let's face it--I am getting older and the excitement has started to wear off through the years.

Luckily, I have people around me who think I am worth celebrating, and that made me feel very special indeed :)

I was greeted by this sight when I went to work in the morning. My officemates "decorated" my cube in my honor. While it still isn't clear to me if they were greeting me a Merry Christmas, a Happy Halloween or a Happy 4th of July, I'd like to think that they knew it was my birthday, and I reminded myself it's the thought that counts :P

My pregnant belly didn't like cleaning up one bit
Then on my actual birthday, Gary took me to San Francisco with my good friend from work, Ate Lucille. We just walked around and enjoyed the street performances at Pier 39. The weather was pretty chilly but we managed to stay the whole day to see everything there was to see.
Me and Ate Lucille

Gary, Ina and Stella
The gifts I got this year were also exceptional. Gary's sister, Debra, gave me Urban Decay products. Pure love! I got the Naked 2 palette and a bottle of makeup setting spray. They're amazing!
<3>
But the biggest treat for me was Gary's present. I simply can't express how happy I am with his choice this year :D It's just PERFECT!
If it's good enough for Audrey Hepburn, it's good enough for me...
After opening my major present, we headed out to dinner, where I had to endure the attention-grabbing birthday song from the food servers.

The morning after my birthday, I woke up crying like crazy. I still think it could be the hormones, but it suddenly just hit me that I am so very lucky. I have a husband who absolutely adores me. I have a stressful but rewarding career. I have a precious baby on the way. And while I miss my family back in the Philippines, what right do I have to complain? I am just in a good place in my life and for this I am very thankful. God is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog